Friday, September 23, 2011

The beginning...

I am starting an adventure...an adventure in technology integration!  My goal as a teacher in this technology focused world is to build a foundation for my Kindergarten students on how technology works.  I want to help them develop skills that will not only help them be successful throughout the rest of elementary school but also bring them success in the “real world”.  It is always a struggle for me to find a balance of programs and expectations that are appropriate for my young students.  Although many of these students have experience with video games and other media focused technologies they often lack experience with technologies that are used in schools.  I begin each school year with the hopes that I am going to do new things with my students but I find myself relying on what I already know and what is easy for me.  I am fearful that I will not have the ability and the patience to teach my students these totally foreign skills.  I know that I need to push myself to try new things with my students and to take the time to learn new things.  Thankfully I am in the perfect setting for trying new technologies with my students.  If there is a kind of technology as a teacher that you want my building probably has it.  I am also very fortunate to have a “technology coach” in my building.  I am very excited to be in the place that I am to begin this adventure of incorporating technology in my lessons.  The questions that remains is- Will I the technology be reliable?

No comments:

Post a Comment