Friday, October 28, 2011

Engaging My Colleagues in Technology...A Difficult Task!


This week I have begun to share some of the things I am learning through my technology class with my colleagues.  I have been so excited about my teacher webpage that I just had to share.  I have the Snap Pages software SO easy to use.  I spent all day last Saturday tweaking and building my page.  I had to build a webpage in my undergrad studies but it was so time-consuming that I figured it wasn’t worth the time.  That was 6 years ago and I haven’t looked back since.  The assignment of creating our own page for this class opened my eyes and showed me how much easier it had all gotten.  I started with just sharing with my grade level team.  I was excited to show them the cool things I was able to add basically by just clicking where I wanted it and typing.  Both of my team members seem excited about exploring the program and possibly getting their own page up and running.  I expanded my sharing by next going to our building Technology Coach.  She was also thrilled with the program and immediately started creating a page for our school.  We are a Fine Arts Magnet School and she thinks it will be great to showcase the work that we are doing.  In the past I had shared the Prezi program with the Technology coach as well.  The tech coach and I talked today about using Prezi to share the school wide data at our PLC meeting at the end of the month.  We call these PLC days celebrations because it gives us a chance to celebrate where we have gotten to so far throughout the school year.  We thought that would be a great opportunity to celebrate our successes and also to experience a new, usable technology.  I may also use this opportunity to share my teacher webpage with the staff.  Maybe if I am able to show how easy it is to use more teacher will be on board with the idea of creating a page.  Many teachers see the use of new technology as a burden because they don't know how to use it.  I am willing and able to help my colleagues to learn.  I hope that I can show them that it is not an overwhelming task.

No comments:

Post a Comment