Friday, October 7, 2011

Software Goals


My students can regularly be found on the computers in my classroom.  I use the computers at any opportunity that I can think of because they are great teaching tools (if the right programs are used) that require little to no teacher help.  I am not the kind of teacher though that uses many software applications to assist me while I am teaching a lesson.  I regularly use Word to help me create worksheets or other organization tools.  I also use Excel quite often to assist in data collection or recording assessment grades.  I would like to improve this part of my teaching.  I would like to infuse technology into my lessons.  And I mean in a bigger way than just using my ELMO to demonstrate how to do the worksheet :).  To accomplish this I will start searching for videos and tutorials on how to make Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentations that will engage my students and enhance their learning.  I am going to have to do this in baby steps because it would be too overwhelming with all of the new curriculum that has been put in place for us this school year across the state as well as in my school.  I am going to work on this but I can't make any promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment