Friday, October 21, 2011

Why does the technology never work when I need it?!?!

Using internet technologies in my teaching practice raises the concerns of the availability and the reliability of the technologies.  Many times when you go from room to room and computer to computer in my school you will find that possibly a firewall pops up that did not on the previous computer.  Another concern is that the technology does not always work when you need it.  I am not sure that there is much I can do to alleviate these concerns.  I am hesitant to incorporate technology into my instruction because about half the time it doesn’t work when you need it.  Even if I test it out immediately before I am to teach the lesson I still have times when it doesn’t work despite all of my planning.  This is such a disruption to the day.  I have a group of 25 BUSY Kindergarteners and if I let my guard down for just a second to figure something out on the computer then I lose them completely. 

Group Project Notes-  I will be responsible for researching who uses intelligent tutoring systems.  We will be using PowerPoint to put together our project.  Ryan will be our PowerPoint editor and will create a cohesive look for our presentation.  Each person in our group will have a piece of the topic they will be researching and will be creating the slides.  I plan to beginning my research for some reliable sources this week.  I will do the bulk of my work at the beginning of our next break week.  Our individual pieces will be turned into Ryan by the end of the break week so that he can have the presentation put together early in the week to looked over by all in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment